Legal implications and personal injury attorney are not limited to the real world. The different activities on the online platform are also accountable to the law. The recent rise in the popularity of e-commerce has changed conventional notions of business.
The change in the platform of business requires changes in the legal considerations which are applied in real time scenarios. Business in the online field requires comprehensive knowledge of legal issues which may arise in the future. The following article illustrates some primary legal issues to be considered by an e-commerce business.
- Website- The face of e-commerce: The foundation of an e-commerce business is laid on the online presence of the organization. Online presence is guaranteed through the website. Hence the business has to comply with the regulations such as COPPA which are essential for website certification.
- Domain Name- Identity of an online business: Domain names are actually the keys to an e-commerce business. Hence they are associated with a myriad of problems. The legal issues related to domain names primarily arise from copyright issues. Securing a specific domain name and preserving its misuse are legal complications associated with e-commerce. Therefore organizations have to ensure legal protection for defending the domain name of the company on the internet.
- DMCA: Compliance with Digital Millennium Copyright Act is also a major consideration for an e-commerce company. Some websites implement third-party content which requires agreements and certain legal benchmarks in order to refrain from issues such as copyright infringement and liability. Therefore, e-commerce business owners must ensure DMCA compliance to keep the online operations free from the impact of liability.
- Online Privacy: Privacy in the online domain is one of the foremost priorities of users. The increasing sophistication of devices such as smartphones, tablets, and other computation devices has led to proliferation of privacy issues. Therefore an organization must find possible ways to improvise privacy policies and implement internet security protocols which safeguard customer privacy as well as that of users of the website.
- Laws of social media: Social media is a promising entity for promoting a business on the online platform. Hence an e-commerce company must be prepared with strategies which follow specific policies pertaining to law. The profound legal issues concerned with use of social media include confidentiality, guidelines for branding and sponsorship.
- Identity theft: Impersonation has emerged as a profound malice of the world of internet. The process comprises of implementation of false account by a third party to impersonate another person. Therefore an organization faces risks of defamation on social media due to impersonation. Therefore e-commerce businesses need to develop contingency plans according to law in order to prevent registration of fake user accounts.